Here’s some of the tools/methods I use:
- Instapaper - Absolutely shit-hot way to get through a high volume of articles/blog posts/what have you. When viewing a page in your PC browser, just hit ‘read later’ and then suck it all down to the Instapaper iPhone app before you get on the tube. Can have folders too (so it’s where I store recipes too for easy access in the supermarket). Costs a couple of quid, but absolutely worth it.
- Google Docs - I keep my main action list here (divided into columns for this week/next week/sometime/personal lists). Also loads of client docs - WIP notes etc that I want to keep adding to.
- Tweetdeck - best twitter for desktop hands down for managing multiple accounts and searches.
- MindManager Pro - my mind-mapping app of choice (but can be a bit expensive - there’s free versions such as XMind that come close).
- Tumblr - bunch of ways different people use, but I use to clip & bookmark quotes & stats & interesting PoV. (Although Delicious remains my heavy-lifting bookmarking service.)
None of those are revelations (perhaps), but all are extremely useful.